ABOUT PHARM D:
Pharm.D course is a Professional Pharmacy doctoral programme of 6 yrs duration after 10+2 (science academic stream) which includes 5yrs of academic study + 1 year of internship or residency. Pharmacists have an opportunity for direct involvement with patient care. The knowledge and clinical skills that the contemporary pharmacist possesses make this individual an authoritative source of drug information for physicians, nurses, and patients.
PHARM D Eligibility :
A pass in any of the following examinations:
10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects : Mathematics or Biology.
A pass in D.Pharm course from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India under section 12 of the Pharmacy Act.
Any other qualification approved by the Pharmacy Council of India as equivalent to any of the above examinations.
Admission Procedure for Pharm.D program:-
The performance of students in the qualifying board exam is the main criteria for selection towards Pharm.D program. Students will be selected based on the merit list prepared by the institution on the basis of the applications received from applicants.
For MGR affiliated colleges based on counseling conduct by TNMGRMU admission will be processed
Pharm D course duration:-
5 years of Academics and 1 year of training session. After B.Pharm 3 years (2 + 1).
Colleges offering Pharm D course:-
6 years Pharm. D program was allowed to run in 24 institutes all over India. The following are the colleges offering Pharm. D.
LIST OF INSTITUTIONS APPROVED UNDER SECTION 12(1) OF THE PHARMACY ACT, 1948 FOR CONDUCT OF BOTH PHARM.D. AND PHARM.D. (POST BACCALUERATE) COURSE.
- Ramachandra College of Pharmacy, Chennai, Sri Ramachandra University
- Nandha College of Pharmacy, ERODE, The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University.
- Ramakrishna Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Coimbatore. Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
- S.S. College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund, J.S.S. University
- VEL’s College of Pharmacy, Chennai
- Annamalai University, Chidambaram
- SRM College of Pharmacy, Kattankulathur.
- PSG College of Pharmacy, Coimbatore, The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
- Vinayaka Missions’s College of Pharmacy, SALEM
- KMCH College of Pharmacy, Coimbture, The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
- Jaya college of Pharmacy
Pharm D course fees details:-
Pharm D course fees will be vary based on college.The fees will 150000 to 400000 based on colleges
The candidate have to pay a token of Rs 25000/- (Rupees twenty five thousand) at the time of Counselling if admission is granted. This amount can be paid either in cash or through a Demand Draft.
Pharm D application:-
For deemed universities application date will be announced in month of march.
For MGR affiliated colleges application date will updated once declared by TNMGRMU
No of seats recognized for Pharm D
Pharm.D course studying syllabus
The Pharm.D course for 6 years consists of the following subjects.
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Community pharmacy
- Medicinal chemistry
- Clinical toxicology
- Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics
- Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetic
- Medicinal Biochemistry
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Pharmacognosy & Phytopharmaceuticals
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Clinical Research
- The course is designed in such a way that it provides the opportunity for the candidates to understand the theory as well as the practical aspects of each concept.
Career options available to Pharm.D. graduates:-
- Community Pharmacy
- Geriatric Pharmacy
- Governmental Agencies
- Home Health Care
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Managed Care
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Pharmacy Education
- Specialized Area Opportunities