Annaii Medical Colleg Read more [...]
Place Category: Medical Colleges list
Vinayaka Mission’s Kirupananda Variyar Medical College & Hospitals
Vinayaga mission salem campus
AFFILIATION: Vinayaka Missions University(Deemed University)
Vinayaka Mission’s Kirupananda Variyar Medical College & Hospitals (VMKVMCH) was established on 6th June, 1995 and is located at Seeragapadi, Salem. VMKVMCH is duly approved by the Medical Council of India and the Central Government and is a constituent college of Vinayaka Missions University (VMU).
The college is spread out over 159.94 acres and comprises a built up area of 969953 sq. ft. The college is well-equipped with the necessary infrastructural facilities in laboratories and other clinical facilities for the efficient running of the M.B.B.S course. It has earned for itself great repute among the general public and health professionals in Tamil Nadu, India and other countries. VMKVMCH has a 600 bedded hospital in the college campus itself and has the latest equipment and technological services. The hospital provides round the clock services which include emergency, OPD and inpatient services in addition to the teaching and training of students and medical research.
- Vinayaka Mission’s Kirupananda Variyar Medical College and Hospitals, Salem provides counseling services in order to prepare the students to move with a firm sense of direction.
- Professional and confidential services are provided to all students covering personal and learning issues. Each student is attached to a faculty counselor during his/her entire course of study to monitor the progress of the student.
- The academic performance is closely monitored and appropriate corrective measures are taken in time through special coaching and additional training. Periodically, parents are intimated of their wards performance.
- Eligibility for MBBSAge Limit
Candidate should have completed the age of 17 years on or before the first day of July of academic year in which the candidate is seeking admission.
a. The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate examination which is equivalent to 10 + 2 Higher Secondary. The study should comprise of Physics Chemistry and Biology with English.
b. The Intermediate examination in science of an Indian University Board.
c. The pre-Professional / pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination.
d. The first year of the three years degree course of a recognized University with physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in these subjects.
Selection of Students: Merit basis: –
• Candidate must have obtained not less than 50% marks in English and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together both at qualifying and competitive examinations.
• For Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes (OBC) the marks obtained are read as 40% instead of 50% Candidates who have passed any qualifying examination shall obtain an eligibility certificate from the University.
• Cut – Off Date for Admission for I Year MBBS Course is 30th September every year.
ACADEMIC YEAR, ACADEMIC TERM & DURATION OF COURSE OF STUDY
• The academic year commences from 1st August every year.
• The Academic Term for every Student shall be a certified period of study extending over 41/2 academic years followed by one year of Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship.
• First MBBS – 1 year
• Second MBBS – 1 ½ year
• Third MBBS – Part – 1 – 1 year
• Third MBBS – Part – 2 – 1 Year
• One year of compulsory Rotatory Resident Internship
Eligibility for PG Courses
The candidate must possess recognized MBBS degree and should have obtained permanent Registration as medical practitioners with the Medical Council of India or any of the State Medical Councils.
In the case of foreign nationals holding non-schedule foreign medical qualifications, they must have temporary Registration (issued by Medical Council of India) for the duration of their postgraduate Training restricted to the medical college / institution to which they are admitted for the time being for post graduate studies and for no other purpose.
Selection of students
The students applying for PG degrees/PG (Dip)/ Higher Specialties courses under Vinayaka Missions University shall be selected based on “ALL INDIA ENTRANCE EXAMINATION” conducted by this University.
Candidates who have passed any qualifying examination shall obtain an eligibility certificate from this university by remitting the prescribed fee along with the application form before seeking admission to the Medical Institutions.
Last Date for Admission
The last date for Admission to I Year of PG degree / diplomas is 31st May every year.
The last date for Admission to I Year of Higher specialty is 30th September every year.
M.D. / M.S.
The minimum period of training for obtaining these degrees shall be three calendar years.
The minimum period of training for these degrees shall be two calendar years, after obtaining M.D., M.S. degrees, or equivalent recognized qualification.
Total Seats : 161
S.No. Course Name Annual Intake (Seats) Status Date of LOP 1 Diploma in Anesthesia 2 Recognized after April2008 2 Diploma in Ophthalmology 1 Recognized after April2008 3 Diploma in Orthopaedics 2 Recognized when diploma granted on after May, 2012. 27/03/2009 4 Diploma in Oto-Rhino-Laryngology 1 Recognized after april2008 5 M.B.B.S. 100 Recognized 6 MD - Anaesthesiology 4 Recognized march2009 7 MD - Bio-Chemistry 3 Recognized on or after 2013. 8 MD - Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy 4 Recognized for 2 seats April, 2012. Recognized for 2 to 4 seats on or after,2014. 31/03/2009 9 MD - Emergency Medicine 2 Permitted u/s 10(A) 17/05/2012 10 MD - General Medicine 5 Recognized for 4 seats April, 2012. Recommended for recognition 4 to 5. 27/03/2009 11 MD - Immuno Haematology & Blood Transfusion 2 Recognized 2015. 11/5/2011 12 MD - Microbiology 4 Recognized on or after 2013. 13 MD - Paediatrics 4 Recognized for 2 seats April, 2012. Seats increased from 2 to 4 u/s 10(A) 27/03/2009 14 MD - Pharmacology 2 Recognized 2014 19/04/2011 15 MD - Physiology 2 Recognized 2014 31/03/2011 16 MD - Psychiatry 1 Recognized 2014 31/03/2011 17 MD - Radio Diagnosis/Radiology 4 Permitted u/s 10(A) 27/03/2009 18 MD/MS - Anatomy 2 Recognized 2014 2/2/2011 19 MD/MS - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology 4 Recognized for 2 seats April, 2012. Seat increased from 2 to 4 from 2012-13 u/s 10(A) 27/03/2009 20 MD/MS - Ophthalmology 2 Recognized April, 2012. 27/03/2009 21 MS - ENT 2 Recognized for 1 seat march2009.Recognized for 1 to 2 seats on or after,2014 22 MS - General Surgery 4 Recognized 2012. 27/03/2009 23 MS - Orthopaedics 4 Recognized for 2 seats 2012. Recommended for recognition 2 to 4. 27/03/2009