Annaii Medical Colleg Read more [...]
Place Category: Medical Colleges list
saveetha medical college and hospital kanchipuram chennai
AFFILIATION: Saveetha University ( Deemed University)
Saveetha Medical College is committed to being a leader in advancing human health care through the integration of education, patient care, research, and community service.
SAVEETHA MEDICAL COLLEGE RANKED NO.4 AMONG INDIA’S BEST TOP 30 MEDICAL COLLEGES.
Saveetha Medical College ranked No. 3 by The Sunday Indian.
SEVERAL LEARNING METHODOLOGIES ARE ADOPTED AND INITIATED BY SAVEETHA MEDICAL COLLEGE.
SAVEETHA UNIVERSITY WAS DECLARED AS DEEMED TO BE UNIVERSITY UNDER SECTION – 3 OF THE UGC ACT, 1956 VIDE NOTIFICATION NO.F.9-3/2002-U.3 DATED 18-03-2005 OF THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA.
FREE AND LOW-COST MEDICAL SERVICES IS OFFERED TO THE PEOPLE IN AND AROUND THE HOSPITAL CAMPUS. A 1000 BEDDED HOSPITAL WITH ALL SUPPORTING EQUIPMENTS IS ESTABLISHED TO FULLFILL THE NEED.
- Several medical equipments are commissioned for the well being of the patients and the students & Staff Community.
- Best in class Hostel Facility for the students.
- Eco-friendly campus.
- Advanced Medical Facilities.
- Animal House.
- Saveetha University encourages basic and applied research in the field of science among the students and faculty members.
- Saveetha University has state-of-the-art facilities in terms of equipment, labs, research journals and is the most cherished departments by the students and faculty alike.
- Services include free in-patient care, free digitalized X-ray, Low cost CT Scan.
CORE FEATURES OF THE POST GRADUATE CURRICULUM
PG Curriculum was developed with an aim to develop specialists who stand out for their competence and skills, and ready to compete for Royal College Examinations.
An extensive needs analysis was done by the curriculum committee to identify the core and niche areas, and study how the best practices from International curricula be adapted to our scenario.
Competency based curriculum is framed with well defined competencies for each year of study, a defined Minimal quota of Academic events and procedures to be performed.
The curriculum allows students an option to choose electives, where in they are given additional training to hone their skills.
A Structured Portfolio is developed, which includes reflective comments.
A Well defined system of Formative assessments is developed, which includes Workplace based assessments, and assessment of professionalism.
Hallmark of the PG Training is the robust monitoring system of curriculum implementation. A four member PG Curriculum implementation Committee is formed with well defined roles and responsibilities. For each PG, an Academic supervisor is allotted who is overall responsible for the PG training throughout. A system of Quarterly review and reporting from Academic Supervisors helps in close monitoring by the Dean. Academic supervisors conduct Regular appraisal meetings with the PGs to understand and address the main issues. Annual review of competency progression is done at the end of 1 year. A regular Feedback from PGs is obtained to understand and address their learning environment and facilitate their learning process.
CURRICULAR INNOVATIONS in MBBS course
It is a constant effort of the Institution to keep the curriculum updated in tune with changing trends, and help them face the challenges of tomorrow. Innovations are focused on improving learning environment and academic effectiveness.
Innovations in the curriculum of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Medicine have been carried out within the ambit of guidelines laid down by the Medical Council of India.
The major curricular innovations in MBBS are :
- Permitting students to carry 2 subjects in II MBBS
- Conduct of supplementary exam after 6 weeks of I MBBS university examination
- Studying feasibility for supplementary exam after 6 weeks for prospective examinations
- Integration of “Skills & Simulation” into the MBBS curriculum from Year 1 to CRRI in a graded manner
- Integration of Interprofessional Learning into the Curriculum
- Research Methodology from I MBBS
- Early clinical exposure for students of I MBBS
- Small Groups learning
- Foundation course for I MBBS
- Vertical and Horizontal integration
- Case based learning and concept learning
MD / MS
A candidate for admission to the MD/MS must possess a degree of M.B.B.S. duly recognized by the Medical Council of India and should have obtained permanent registration from any of the State Medical Councils of India. Candidate not possessing a recognized medical qualication for the above purpose should secure the prior approval regarding qualication by the Medical Council of India before he/she can be admitted to the MD/MS. course. The candidate for admission to MD/MS course should have completed his/her C.R.R.I. (Compulsory Rotatory Residential Internship) on or beforE 31st March 2017.
The duration of the course is three academic years. The academic year for MD/MS commences in the month of April every year.
The admission for MD/MS degree course is based on merit depending on the performance of the candidate in the All India NEET-PG 2017 Examination.
Application for Admission 2017:
The application for admission will be available online from 23.01.2017 onwards. The application should be lled online with a payment of ` 2000/-. The last date to apply is 11.02.2017.
1. The MD/MS rank list 2017 is published in the website www.saveetha.com.
2. The selected candidates should appear for counselling without fail on 23.02.2017 at
9.00am at Saveetha Medical College, Thandalam, Chennai – 602105.
3. Seat allotment will be done based on the rank list subject to fulfilment of the eligibility criteria. The choice ofthe branch depends on the candidate’s rank and availability of the seat at that particular time of counselling.
4. The Candidate should be present for the counselling accompanied by a parent / legal guardian.
5. The following original documents with three sets of attested photocopies should be submitted at thetime of counselling, if selected.
1) NEET PG 2017 score card.
2) MBBS Degree certificate or Provisional Pass Certificate of the Qualifying
Examination or equivalent.
3) Mark Certificate from First year to Final year M.B.B.S.
4) Certificate of Completion of Internship.
5) State Medical Council Registration Certificate
6) Proof of date of birth
7) ID proof (Adhaar card/PAN card/ Passport/ Driving licence) issued by Government
8) Attempt Certificate from First to Final M.B.B.S.
9) Transfer certificate from the Institution last studied
10) Conduct certificate from the Institution last studied
11) Community certificate( If applicable)
12) Migration Certificate
13) Four stamp size and four Passport size photographs
6. In case of candidates securing equal marks in the entrance examination, the candidate with the higher score inthe qualifying examination will be given preference.
7. It is mandatory that the candidate brings the prescribed tuition fees (mentioned below) toparticipate in the counselling.
8. The Candidates once selected for admission should pay the following fees (according to the branch chosen)at the time of admission and thereafter in the month of March every year. The fees once paid will not berefunded. In case the candidate wants to discontinue/ withdraw during the middle of the course, he/she has to pay the entire course fee (for three years) before discontinuing from the course. The fees should be paid inthe form of DD only, taken in the favour of ‘Saveetha Medical College’, payable at Chennai. The DD can be brought in denominations of Rs.5,00,000/- for convenience.
Fees details for MD MS course in saveetha medical college
S No Course Annual Fees 1 M.D (Radio diagnosis) Rs.35 Lakhs 2 M.D (Dermatology) 3 M.D (Paediatrics) 4 M.S (Orthopaedics) 5 M.S (Obstetrics and Gynaecology) 6 M.S (General Surgery) 7 M.D (General Medicine) Rs.30 Lakhs 8 M.D (Chest Medicine) 9 M.S (Ophthalmology) Rs.25 Lakhs 10 M.S (ENT) 11 M.D (Psychiatry) Rs.20 Lakhs 12 M.D (Anaesthesiology) 13 M.D (Pathology) Rs.15 Lakhs 14 M.D (Community Medicine) Rs.10 Lakhs 15 M.D (Pharmacology) Rs.5 lakhs 16 M.D (Microbiology) 17 M.D. (Bio-Chemistry) 18 M.D (Physiology) 19 M.D (Anatomy)
Stipend will be paid to the students as per norms.
Apart from the annual fees, the following has to be paid at the time of admission.
Admission Fee: Rs.10,000/-
University Registration Fee: Rs.3, 500/-
Eligibility Fee: Rs.1,500/-
Rs.25,000/- (Refundable at the end of the
Time of Withdrawal Fee Refund Anytime after admission, but before 10 daysfrom the date of commencement of classes Total fees excluding processing fee of Rs.
50,000,University Registration Fee,Eligibility and Admission Fee.
After the date of commencement of classes No refund of tuition fee After 30 days of commencement of thecourse The entire course fee for the three years has to be paid by the candidate.
The Candidate shall claim all the original certificates only after obtaining no dues from all departments.
Counselling: 23.02.2017, 9 am
Date of commencement of course 10.04.2017
- The candidate should be present for the counseling at appointed date and timewithout fail.
- Candidates who are not present for counseling on the specified date and time do nothave any right to claim any seat.
- The Candidates must bring the prescribed tuition fees to participate in the counselling.
- The decision of the admission officer is final and binding.
- All the above guidelines are subjected to change as per Government Notifications
- Call letter for counselling will not be sent to candidates individually.
Total No of seats:200
Course Name Annual Intake (Seats) Status Date of LOP DM - Cardiology 2 Permitted u/s 10(A) for 2016-17. conditional granted by Oversight Committee. 20/08/2016 M.B.B.S. 150 Recognized on or after January, 2013. MD - Anaesthesiology 4 Permitted from 2014-15 u/s 10(A). 15/04/2014 MD - Bio-Chemistry 2 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2013-14. 30/03/2013 MD - Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy 2 Permitted from 2014-15 u/s 10(A). 15/04/2014 MD - General Medicine 4 Permitted from 2014-15 u/s 10(A). 15/04/2014 MD - Microbiology 4 Permitted from 2014-15 u/s 10(A). 15/04/2014 MD - Paediatrics 2 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2015-16. 27/02/2015 MD - Pathology 3 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2015-16. 27/02/2015 MD - Pharmacology 1 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2013-14. 31/03/2013 MD - Physiology 2 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2013-14. 31/03/2013 MD - Psychiatry 1 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2015-16. 27/02/2015 MD - Radio Diagnosis/Radiology 5 Permitted from 2014-15 u/s 10(A). 15/04/2014 MD - Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine 1 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2015-16. 27/02/2015 MD - Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine 1 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2015-16. 27/02/2015 MD/MS - Anatomy 2 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2013-14. 30/03/2013 MD/MS - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology 3 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2015-16. 27/02/2015 MD/MS - Ophthalmology 1 Permitted from 2014-15 u/s 10(A). 15/04/2014 MS - ENT 2 Permitted from 2014-15 u/s 10(A). 15/04/2014 MS - General Surgery 6 Permitted from 2014-15 u/s 10(A). 15/04/2014 MS - Orthopaedics 2 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2015-16. 27/02/2015