Annaii Medical Colleg Read more [...]
Place Category: Medical Colleges list
chettinad hospital and research institute.
Affilated to : Chettinad Academy of Research and Education (Deemed University), Chettinad
Chettinad Health City has started from 2005. It has put together a remarkable faculty comprising successful specialists and inspirational teachers. It is racing ahead of schedule to unveil an array of student amenities and learning resources comparable with the best anywhere in the world. It is no surprise therefore that Chettinad Academy of Research and Education is fast emerging as a preferred destination for high-quality medical education in this region.
The medical college has a fully-fledged hospital that offers the best training for students in this field, with round-the-clock facilities manned by competent and trained doctors. Emergency and trauma care services handle complex medical, surgical & accidental emergencies. The hospital itself has 750 beds and various speciality departments. With 70-80% bed occupancy, there is a total of 1100 beds including the Superspeciality Hospital. Chettinad nurtures future doctors by offering them the best practical and clinical training that in turn helps in gaining knowledge and experience.
- Students get an opportunity to practice in real time on dummies that function like normal human patients. This gives them the confidence and skills they need for patient interactions. There is a variety of simulators available: from delivery of a child to asthma simulator, ECG tube, etc. This is a self training method that will be supervised by specialized doctors.
- State-of-the-art air-conditioned Lecture Halls with multimedia facilities makes the lectures interesting. With LAN and internet at the desk of every student, lectures become more interactive.
- Our lectures are well supported by hands-on experience in the well equipped laboratories. Each laboratory can accommodate over 90 students. Every lab has a demo room for the students to receive their instructions and conduct small group discussions.
- An organized museum and well-stocked library make learning interesting. The library is well stocked with over 9000 books and over 54 journals of which 11 are international and 43 are national journals. Library also subscribes to online periodicals. The Digital library with over 35 computers and high-speed internet facility and audio visual aids is popular. Apart from these facilities the library is maintained on bar coding and also has reprographic facility which can take 14 pages/min.
- To encourage research for both students and faculty we have well equipped research labs in every department as well as the Central Research Lab. Each department also has seminar rooms for faculty seminars & journal clubs.
- The dedicated faculty members of CHC use various modalities of teaching and evaluation to support their didactic lectures; like seminars, small group discussions, quizzes, participating in outreach activities etc. Various evaluation protocols are used. Apart from the routine internal assessments and model exams, they also have objective and online exams.
- The faculty are the main asset of Chettinad Academy of Research and Education. They are drawn from all over India, and have the highest qualifications in their fields.
- Chettinad Health City is a self-contained township. Students have a range of amenities to help them develop, including hostel facilities with nutritious food and connectivity in every room, numerous sports and recreational facilities, transport from the city, and access to Banking facilities, shopping, laundry services and a Travel Desk on campus.
- Separate accommodation with the latest amenities are available for professors, teaching staff, nurses and for support staff of CHC too.
S.No. Course Name Annual Intake (Seats) Status Date of LOP 1 DM - Cardiology 2 Permitted for 1 seat u/s 10(A)from 2013-14. Seat increased from 1 to 2 u/s 10(A) from 2015-16. 2 DM - Gastroenterology 1 Permitted from 2014-15 u/s 10(A). 13/06/2014 3 DM - Neonatology 1 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2013-14. 4 DM - Neurology 1 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2013-14. 5 M.B.B.S. 150 Recognized December 2012 6 M.Ch - Cardio Thoracic Surgery 2 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2013-14. 7 M.Ch - Neuro Surgery 1 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2013-14. 8 M.Ch - Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery 1 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2013-14. 9 MD - Anaesthesiology 4 Permitted from 2012-13 u/s 10(A). 31/03/2012 10 MD - Bio-Chemistry 2 Recognized for 1 seat 2014 increase of seats from 1 to 2. 22/02/2011 11 MD - Dermatology , Venereology & Leprosy 2 Recognized 2014. 31/03/2012 12 MD - General Medicine 5 Permitted for 4 seats from 2012-13 u/s 10(A). Seats increase from 4 to 5 u/s 10(A) from 2016-17. 31/03/2012 13 MD - Microbiology 3 Recognized for 2 seats 2014 increase of seats from 2 to 3. 13/02/2011 14 MD - Paediatrics 2 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2013-14. 30/03/2013 15 MD - Pathology 1 Recognized 2015. 16/03/2011 16 MD - Pharmacology 4 Recognized for 2 seats 2014 increase of seats from 2 to 4. 26/02/2011 17 MD - Physiology 4 Recognized for 2 seats 2014 increase of seats from 2 to 4. 16/02/2011 18 MD - Psychiatry 2 Permitted for 1 seat u/s 10(A) from 2013-14. Seats increased from 1 to 2 from 2014-15 u/s 10(A). 30/03/2013 19 MD - Radio Diagnosis/Radiology 4 Permitted for 2 seats u/s 10(A) from 2013-14. Seats increased from 2 to 4 from 2014-15 u/s 10(A). 31/03/2013 20 MD - Social & Preventive Medicine / Community Medicine 6 Recognized for 2 seats 2014. Seats increased from 2 to 6 from 2014-15 u/s 10(A). 13/02/2011 21 MD - Tuberculosis & Respiratory Diseases / Pulmonary Medicine 2 Recognized 2015. 31/03/2012 22 MD/MS - Anatomy 2 Recognized for 1 seat 2014. Seats increased from 1 to 2 u/s 10(A) from 2013-14. 15/03/2011 23 MD/MS - Obstetrtics & Gynaecology 1 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2014-15. 19/06/2014 24 MD/MS - Ophthalmology 1 Recognized 2015. 31/03/2012 25 MS - ENT 1 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2013-14. 31/03/2013 26 MS - General Surgery 2 Permitted u/s 10(A) from 2014-15. 19/06/2014 27 MS - Orthopaedics 3 Permitted for 2 seats from 2012-13 u/s 10(A). Seats increased from 2 to 3 u/s 10(A) from 2014-15. 31/03/2012