B.Sc Radiotherapy admission 2018
Radiation therapists are typically part of a cancer management team. They record, interpret and administer the treatment prescribed by a radiation oncologist.They utilize a variety of equipment such as cobalt units and linear accelerators.They help locate tumors, update treatment reports and measure the amount of radiation.
B.Sc Radiotherapy course duration:-
Duration : 4 Years
B.Sc Radiotherapy course eligibility :-
Eligiblity : +2 Science Stream
Eligible candidates would appear for the written examination. This examination would be based on the 10+ 2 syllabuses of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Selection will be purely on merit on the basis of exam results and personal interview.
Colleges offering B.Sc Radiotherapy in tamilnadu:
- Bharath University, chennai
- VInayaka Mission University, Salem & Pondicherry
- Chettinad University ,chennai
B.Sc Radiotherapy course syllabus:-
First Year : Human Anatomy, Physiology,Basic Physics, Radiation Physics & Basics of clinical radiography/imaging,Radiotherapy Physics & Principles of Radiotherapy & Environmental Studies
- Second Year: Tumor Pathology and Radiotherapy applications,Radiotherapy Equipments, Applications & Maintenance,Radiotherapy Techniques
- Third Year: Recent Advances in Radiotherapy Techniques,Patient care relevant to Radiotherapy,Quality Assurance, Radiobiology & Radiation Safety in Radiotherapy
- Final Year : Internship in relevant discipline.
B.Sc Radiotherapy course apllication form 2018:
Application for B.Sc Radiotherapy course will be announced in the month of march 2018.
B.Sc Radiotherapy course fees details 2018:
Fees will vary based on college.The approx fees would be around 30 k to 60 k in colleges located in chennai.
- Radiation Oncologist
- Radiation Therapist
- Teacher & Lecturer
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Dermatology Consultant
- Radiation Therapy Technologist
- Technical Executive
- Radiotherapy uses ionizing radiation in the treatment of cancers and other malignant tumors. It is a treatment that utilizes energy from radiation to destroy or prevent harmful cells from further spreading.
- With radiation therapy and combination with chemotherapy, all manner of cancerous cells such as breast cancer, cancer of the blood, cancers of the skin, brain and other tumors are controlled.