About Bachelor of Science in Optometry :-
B.Sc Optometry is a health care profession which involves examining the eyes and applicable visual systems for defects or abnormalities as well as the medical diagnosis and management of eye disease. Traditionally, the field of optometry began with the primary focus of correcting refractive error through the use of spectacles. Modern day optometry, however, has evolved through time so that the education curriculum additionally includes intensive medical training in the diagnosis and management of ocular disease in countries where the profession is established and regulated.
B.Sc Optometry course duration:-
Duration : 4 Years
B.Sc Optometry course eligibility :-
Eligiblity : +2 Science Stream
Eligible candidates would appear for the written examination. This examination would be based on the 10+ 2 syllabuses of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Selection will be purely on merit on the basis of exam results and personal interview.
Colleges offering B.Sc Optometry in tamilnadu:
B.Sc Optometry course syllabus:-
- First Year : Anatomy,Physiology,Biochemistry,Physical Optics,Geometric Optics,Nutrition & Environmental Studies
- Second Year: Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Optometric Optics,Visual Optics,Optometric Instruments &Clinical examinations of Visual system,Statistics & Occupational Optometry
- Third Year: Squint & Binocular Vision,Contact Lens,Ocular diseases,Low vision aids,Geriatric & Pediatric Optometry
- Final Year : Internship in Ophthalmology Department.
B.Sc Optometry course apllication form 2018:
Application for B.Sc Optometry course will be announced in the month of march 2018.
B.Sc Optometry course fees details 2018:
Fees will vary based on college.The approx fees would be around 30 k to 60 k in colleges located in chennai.
- Is the independent primary health care provider who specializes in eye care and visual health. They focus on regular vision care and prescribe eyeglasses and contacts. Optometrist examines the internal and external structure of the eyes.
- can work as post-secondary teachers, occupational/industrial safety programs, consultants in the eye care industry or do research in optometry colleges.
- can also set up their own private clinics & work independently. They can also choose a career in sports vision, public health and government service or community health centers.
- APPOLLO HOSPITALS
- FORTIS HOSPITALS
- MANIPAL HOSPITALS
- BILLROTH HOSPITALS
- MIOT INTERNATIONAL
- SRI RAMCHANDRA MEDICAL CENTRE
- GLOBAL HOSPITALS
- KAUVERY HOSPITALS
- SPARSH HOSPITALS
And Many more allied health care hospitals &job opportunites all over india
Job opportunities for B.sc Optometry
- Technical Officer
- Medical Officer
- Clinical Trail Research Intelligence
- Medical Coder