B.Sc Optometry admission 2018
About Bachelor of Science in Optometry :-
Optometry is a health care profession that is autonomous, educated and regulated (licensed/registered), and optometrists are the primary healthcare practitioners of the eye and visual system who provide comprehensive eye and vision care, which includes refraction and dispensing, detection / diagnosis and management of ocular problems, and the rehabilitation of condition of the visual system.
Eligibilty for Optometry :-
Pass in +2 with any group
Course duration for Optometry :
Three and half years (3 ½)
6 Month internship
College offering Optometry in Chennai:
AVIT (Aarupadai veedu institute of Medical science),Chennai.
Admission Process for B.Sc. Optometry:
Admission B.Sc. Optometry is based on the performance of students in a relevant entrance test, followed by a round of Personal Interview. For management seats contact 9884601888.
Tution Fees for B.Sc. Optometry:
Tution fees : 30,000 INR
How is B.Sc. Optometry Course Beneficial?
- It is beneficial for those who have a sound foundation in the physical, chemical, mathematical and biological sciences, and in particular have a good knowledge and understanding of human biology, understand the passage of light through lenses and optical systems (including the eye) and be able to predict and measure the nature and quality of optical images.
- Bachelor of Optometry gives a thorough knowledge and understanding of the performance and function of the human visual system.
- The course teaches them to know about the dysfunctions and diseases of the eye and visual system and know their genesis, natural course, treatment and prognosis.
B.Sc. Optometry Employment Areas:
- Medical Organization
- Medical Centres
- Optical Manufacturing Industry
- Army and Public Health Bodies
Job opportunities for B.sc Optometry
- Technical Officer
- Medical Officer
- Clinical Trail Research Intelligence
- Medical Coder