B.Sc Cardiac Care Technology.
About B.Sc Cardiac Technology :-
Cardiac Care technicians perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures relating to the pulmonary and cardiovascular systems. They perform a variety of tests, including ultrasound and cardiac catheterization that determine health or illness in patients heart, lungs or related systems. They are responsible for ensuring patient’s safety and comfort before and during procedures, administering localized anesthesia and monitoring the patient equipment.
B.Sc Cardiac Technology course duration:-
Duration : 3 Years and Six Months
B.Sc Cardiac Technology course eligibility :-
Eligiblity : +2 Science Stream
Eligible candidates would appear for the written examination. This examination would be based on the 10+ 2 syllabuses of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Selection will be purely on merit on the basis of exam results and personal interview.
Colleges offering B.Sc Cardiac Technology in tamilnadu:
B.Sc Cardiac Technology course syllabus:-
- First Year : Anatomy,Physiology,Biochemistry,Principles of Nursing,BioPhysics & Environmental Studies
- Second Year: Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Introduction Relevant to Technology,Medicine relevant to technology
- Third Year: Advaned Electrocardiography (ECG),Treadmill exercise stress testing & 24 Hour Ambulatory ECG (Holter) Recording,ECHO Cardiography,Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
- Final Year : Internship in Cardiology Department
B.Sc Cardiac Technology course apllication form 2018:
Application for B.Sc Cardiac Technology course will be announced in the month of march 2018.
B.Sc Cardiac Technology course fees details 2018:
Fees will vary based on college.The approx fees would be around 30 k to 60 k in colleges located in chennai.
Scope – Cardiac Technology
Cardiac technologists can specialize in invasive and/or non-invasive cardiovascular technology.
Job Description- Cardiac Technology
- Cardiovascular Technician/Technologist
- Cathlab Technologist
- Certified Cardiographic Technician
- Medical Sonographer
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer
- Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist
- Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist