B.Sc Physician Assistant
B.Sc. Physician Assistant Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistant is an undergraduate Medical course. Physician Assistant is a skilled health care professional who is qualified with academic and clinical training to provide health care services under the supervision of a specialist. The training that they receive equips them to provide diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive healthcare services. Course is designed to train the student in examining and treating patients, order and interpret laboratory x-rays and perform the diagnosis. Physician Assistant also have several other responsibilities such as treating minor injuries, preparing and preserving progress notes and performing certain managerial duties.
B.Sc Physician Assistant course duration:-
Duration : 4 Years
B.Sc Physician Assistant course eligibility :-
Eligiblity : +2 Science Stream
Eligible candidates would appear for the written examination. This examination would be based on the 10+ 2 syllabuses of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Selection will be purely on merit on the basis of exam results and personal interview.
Colleges offering B.Sc Physician Assistant in tamilnadu:
Aarupadai veedu medical college chennai.
Sri ramachandra medical college chhenai.
B.Sc Physician Assistant course syllabus:-
First Year : Anatomy,Physiology,Biochemistry,Nutrition & Psycology
Second Year: Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, ENT,
Third Year:Medicine,Surgery,Obs & Gyanec,Ortho,Pediatrics
Final Year : Internships in all Disciplines
B.Sc Physician Assistant course apllication form 2018:
Application for B.Sc Physician Assistant course will be announced in the month of march 2018.
B.Sc Physician Assistant course fees details 2018:
Fees will vary based on college.The approx fees would be around 30 k to 60 k in colleges located in chennai.
Scope -Physician Assistant
The PAs work in different departments such as Out-Patient wing,
Operation theatre, Dept of Anesthesia, Catheterization labs,
Coronary care units, Intensive care units, Organ Transplant units,
Reproductive Medicine, Orthopaedics, trauma care, Nuclear
Medicine and so on
Job Description-Physician Assistant
- Physician assistants work on teams with physicians or surgeons and other healthcare workers
- Take or review patients’ medical histories • Examine patients
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests, such as x rays or blood tests • Diagnose a patient’s injury or illness
- Educate and counsel patients and their families—for example, answering questions about how to care for a cancer patients
- Prescribe medicine
- Assess and record a patient’s progress
- Research the latest treatments to ensure the quality of patient care
- Conduct or participate in outreach programs; talking to groups about managing diseases and promoting wellness