B Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy)
ABOUT B PHARM:
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) is an undergraduate degree course in the field of Pharmacy education. The students those are interested in the medical field (except to become a doctor) can choose B Pharm after the completion of class 12th .After the completion of B Pharm, the students can practice as a Pharmacist.
B PHARM Eligibility :
A pass in any of the following examinations:
- 10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects : Mathematics or Biology.
- A pass in D.Pharm course from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India under section 12 of the Pharmacy Act.
- Any other qualification approved by the Pharmacy Council of India as equivalent to any of the above examinations.
Admission Procedure for B Pharm program:-
The performance of students in the qualifying board exam is the main criteria for selection towards B Pharm program. Students will be selected based on the merit list prepared by the institution on the basis of the applications received from applicants.
For MGR affiliated colleges based on counseling conduct by TNMGRMU admission will be processed
B Pharm course duration:
The duration B Pharm course is 4 years.
Colleges offering B Pharm course:
- Ramachandra College of Pharmacy, Chennai, Sri Ramachandra University
- Ramakrishna Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Coimbatore. Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
- VEL’s College of Pharmacy, Chennai
- Annamalai University, Chidambaram
- SRM College of Pharmacy, Kattankulathur.
- PSG College of Pharmacy, Coimbatore, The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
- Vinayaka Missions’s College of Pharmacy, SALEM
- KMCH College of Pharmacy, Coimbture, The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
- Jaya college of Pharmacy
B Pharm course fees details:
B Pharm course fees will be vary based on college.The fees will 60000 to 100000 based on colleges
The candidate have to pay a token of Rs 25000/- (Rupees twenty five thousand) at the time of Counselling if admission is granted. This amount can be paid either in cash or through a Demand Draft.
B Pharm application:
For deemed universities application date will be announced in month of march.
For MGR affiliated colleges application date will updated once declared by TNMGRMU
No of seats recognized for B Pharm.
B Pharm course studying syllabus
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry (Organic, Inorganic and Physical)
- Dispensing and General Pharmacy
- Human Anatomy
- 2nd year :-
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Health Education
- Clinical Chemistry
- Molecular Biology
3rd year :-
- Chemistry of Natural Products
- Pharmacology 1
- Industrial Management
- Computer Applications
4th year :-
- Pharmaceutics (Advanced)
- Pharmacology 2
- Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmaceutical Analysis (Advanced)
Career options available to Pharm.D. graduates:
- Community Pharmacy
- Geriatric Pharmacy
- Governmental Agencies
- Home Health Care
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Managed Care
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Pharmacy Education
- Specialized Area Opportunities